Healthcare & Social Media: Don't Do It Alone - How to Leverage Social Media to Power Behavior Change
Thursday, June 4, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (EDT)
Registration for this event is now closed. Walk-ins are welcome.
Healthcare presents some of the most thriving examples of the use of social media. One in three Americans uses some form of social media to research and manage an illness. Consumers are not the only ones tapping into online eHealth communities. Doctors, especially those over 45, are turning to physician’s online communities as a way to share scientific knowledge as much as to overcome the isolation of running a private practice.
Join the MTLC for a panel discussion on the use of social media in patient and provider online communities.
During this session, you will learn about:
- Profiles of doctors and patients engaging in eHealth social media
- Techniques for keeping both physicians and patients alike engaged and creating a knowledge sharing environment
- Analytics to identify and leverage community growth drivers
- Techniques for monetizing healthcare social media
MODERATOR: Lynne A. Dunbrack, Program Director, Health Industry Insights, IDC
- Dan Pallestant MD, founder and CEO of Sermo, a leading physician online community
- Chris Cartter, SVP of Innovation at Healthways and creator of Quitnet, a 15 year old online community that helped thousands of people quit smoking
- Bill Hartman, Director of Research at Essential Design, a product design consultancy specializing in online community design
Thanks to our Healthcare Cluster Sponsors: