Health Rocks!® is curricula for a healthy living program targeted at young people ages 8 to 14. Teen and adult facilitators share hands-on activities that educate youth on the consequences of tobacco, alcohol and drug use.
The program aims to:
- Reduce youth smoking and tobacco use.
- Help youth build life skills that lead to healthy lifestyle choices with special emphasis on youth smoking and tobacco use prevention.
- Help youth understand influences and health consequences of tobacco, drug, and alcohol use to make healthy choices.
- Engage youth and adults in partnership to develop and implement community strategies that promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Build positive, enduring relationships with youth involved as full partners through widely varying "communities of interest" to address youth risk behaviors.
For more information please contact the Broward 4-H office at 954-357-5270 or e-mail 4-H @broward.org.