San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Challenges and Opportunities for Innovators
Chicago Health Tech and Health 2.0 is hosting our Spring Health 2.0 Local conference focused on identifying gaps and opportunities for innovators, some of them created by the Affordable Care Act's new requirements for providers and insurers, and the dearth of existing solutions in the market place to meet many of those new needs.
We're highlighting areas in healthcare that badly need solutions, and we're going to also provide an understanding of relevant business models so you can create a sustainable business:
- A dynamic keynote explaining how the Affordable Care Act has affected public health locally
- A quick and dirty breakdown of the Affordable Care Act
- Panels on the consumerization of healthcare, explanations of the new payment models driving change, innovation opportunities, pressures experienced by consumers in this new world and brave entrepreneurs detailing their solutions
- Weekend designathon & hackathon; design, visualize, and build solutions!
- And of course, our famous "Mentor Breakfast" session
Conference KeynoteDr. Bechara Choucair, Commissioner of the City of Chicago Public Health Department is keynoting the conference. Commissioner Choucair will offer his unique perspective on The Impact of ACA on Cities: Public Health Innovations & Transformations.
- Fri evening 5/16 – Make-a-thon Challenges & Prizes announced
- Sat 5/17 – Conference Day + Make-a-thon
- Sun 5/18 – Make-a-thon wrap-up + judging
- Demystifiying the Affordable Care Act – What does it mean for providers, payers and consumers?
- Innovation Opportunities: What problems in our healthcare communication, care delivery and surveillance infrastructure need solutions? And what about 2 years from now? 5 years?
- Business Model Opportunities: How does money flow in the healthcare ecosystem? How are the streams changing? Who are the actual customers for new solutions, if they aren't the consumers? What are their motivations?
- Actual Solutions: A rapid-fire showcase of actual solutions from startups, profitable companies and organizations
- Designathon & Hackathon included in your registration: Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, solve real problems with teams, get a "safe" entrepreneurial experience and win a prize! PARTNERS: Illinois Department of Public Health, City of Chicago Department of Public Health, the Office of the National Coordinator - Health and Human Services, the Governor's Office for Health Innovation and Transformation, Walgreens and Higi
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
When & Where
Chicago Health 2.0 | Tech
Chicago Health Tech and Health 2.0 is an organization that fosters an environment for innovation, disruption, and entrepreneurial opportunities in the health technology ecosystem.
We bring together the various slices of the healthcare and health technology world by organizing Meetup sessions centered around foundational topics for health tech entrepreneurs, and emerging topics to spark ideas and opportunities for innovation.
Join our newsletter to get info on health tech events around Chicago. http://eepurl.com/3Tkrj
We're an IL non-profit organized by unsalaried volunteers.