San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Today's applications are getting more and more distributed everyday and it is well-known that distributed programming is hard. With Hazelcast though, distributed programming is easy and lots of fun. Common reaction of Hazelcast users is 'Ooh my God, this cannot be that easy'. Hazelcast is an open source, highly scalable, transactional, distributed/partitioned implementation of queue, map, set, list, lock and executor service for Java. Hazelcast is for you if you like to easily:
- share data/state among many servers (e.g. web session sharing)
- cache your data (distributed cache)
- cluster your application
- partition your in-memory data
- send/receive messages among applications
- distribute workload onto many servers
- take advantage of parallel processing
- provide fail-safe data management
Fuad Malikov is CTO and co-founder of Hazelcast. Prior to Hazelcast, Fuad worked on J2EE projects as a technology consultant in financial and telecom industries. He was an IT architect at IBM, developing J2EE based core-banking system for one of the biggest banking transformation projects in Europe.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the right just before you reach the elevator bank.
Meeting Sponsor: Hazelcast
Sponsor Website: http://www.hazelcast.com
Hazelcast is headquarted in Palo Alto, CA with R&D office in Istanbul, Turkey. Their focus is on developing the best open source clustering and highly scalable data distribution platform on the market.
About our venue sponsor: PROS
We aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting if we have 30 attendees, two if we have 50 or more
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- ZeroTurnaround has donated a license of JavaRebel to be raffled off this month
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.