San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to “HAWK Adult Education,” an adult literacy program designed for adults 18 and older to become stronger readers and writers. Trainings are offered in 2-hour blocks, two Saturdays each month with the exception of December. Participants can only start at the beginning of each month. This is to help maximize on the information being taught.
1. be adults over age 18 and no longer in school, and
2. have reading and/or writing skills below the 9th-grade level, or
3. have limited English proficiency
There are 3 focus areas in this program:
- Reading- Learners will have the opportunity to
- read together
- re-read together
- re-read independently
- take an assessment of the reading
- Writing- Learners will have the opportunity to
- write basic sentences using proper grammar and punctuation
- write sentences based on the reading section of the class
- complete applications for employment
- Learning Word- Learners will have the opportunity to
- build and spell new words by changing letters
- use vocabulary word walls for association
- differentiate between spelling patterns in different words
This program is FREE to all participants. Each class will hold 20 students, so registration is on a first come, first serve basis. All registrations must be completed prior to arrival to ensure there is space and material for participants. Participants are expected to come with a “Willingness to Learn.” All material will be provided.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
You must be 18 years or older to register for the course.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Marta stops directly in front of the location.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email is the best and fastest contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, up to one (1) day prior to the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, or you may use your mobile device to show your registration.
Save This Event
When & Where
Dr. Angelita P. Howard
Dr. Angelita Howard, a scholar and practitioner in the area of education has over 15 years of experience in the classroom and in administration. Her passion for teaching and learning has afforded many opportunities in the academic world. She has authored several articles and conducted training in the areas of assessment, online learning, and organizational leadership, just to name a few.
Angelita, a leader by nature has had the opportunity to initiate and develop many academic programs, most notably a Master of Business Administration with a Christian emphasis.
Angelita loves serving in the Church. She currently serves as the Team Leader for the Young Adult Choir, Facilitator for the New Members Orientation, paat coordinator of the Marriage Ministry, Ladies Chat and Chew, and the Academic Recognition Program. Her passion is to serve the Lord and His Kingdom with the gifts He has given her through giving back to others.