Having the Thyme of Your Life: Growing, Cooking and Preserving Herbs
Thursday, June 27, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (MDT)
This class will cover the basics of growing, cooking and preserving herbs. Participants will learn how to make herb infused oil, which make great gifts and there will be a demonstration on how to make fresh pesto. It will be a deliciously fun evening!
The night will include the following events:
- A presentation from a horticulturist on growing and caring for herbs.
- A hands-on planting activity of an herb-filled planter (all participants will go home with one)
- A demonstration of cooking with fresh herbs. We will be demonstrating making pesto and talking about freezing and using it later on. There will be a tasters table for all participants.
- Information on drying and preserving herbs.
- A demonstration on herb infused oils. All participants will go home with a 8.5 oz. of herb infused oil.