Digital LA members are invited to join Harvardwood, the Harvard Business School Association of Southern California, and the Harvard Business School Hollywood Trek for their 2013 Entertainment Panel and Mixer, moderated by Digital LA founder Kevin Winston. Hear from HBS entertainment execs who'll address the current status of the entertainment industry and how it is evolving, specifically as it applies to major studio movie and TV content:
- Albert Cheng, Disney ABC Television Group, EVP, Digital Media & Chief Product Officer @albertcheng @DisneyABCTV
- Rob Swartz, Cartoon Network, Vice President, Original Series
- Geoff Shaevitz, Summit Entertainment, SVP, Production
- Bill Edwards, Fox Entertainment, Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development
Moderator, Kevin Winston, Founder, Digital LA @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
Our panel will discuss:
- What are the factors that are leading to the success of the entertainment industry and how much growth can the industry continue to experience?
- Is digital media a complement, or a substitute for traditional entertainment products?
- Will companies like YouTube, Netflix, and Apple iTunes dominate the entertainment landscape?
- Where are the opportunities in entertainment? Technology? Content? Support services?
- What are other avenues for a promising career in entertainment?
- 6:30-7:30pm networking including hors d'ouvres
Hors d'ourves will be served. Cash bar.