Chicago Public Library presents
in conversation with Richard Steele
Harry Belafonte discusses and signs his latest book, My Song: A Memoir. As both extraordinary artist and inspiring activist Harry Belafonte has led one of the great American lives of the last century. My Song reveals his life, his struggles, tragedies and triumphs. WBEZ's Richard Steele will lead the conversation.
Tuesday, November 8
Chicago Public Library, Harold Washington Library Center
400 S. State St., Chicago, IL 60605
Thank you for planning to attend this event. After you have completed your ticket order, you will receive a confirmation email. You must print out the ticket that is attached to that email and bring it with you to the event. That ticket confirms your registration. When you present the ticket at the Library it will be checked against the RSVP list of names and you will be given a numbered entry card which will allow entry into the event space.
- Check-in begins at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Doors to the Auditorium will open at approximately 5:00 p.m.
- This event will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- Seating within the space is on a first come, first served basis.
Attendees with tickets to the Cindy Pritzker Auditorium (main room) must be seated by 5:50 p.m. Seats for the Cindy Pritzker Auditorium that are unclaimed by 5:50 p.m. may be forfeited.
If you are planning to attend the event with a companion please read the following:
One entry card will be given per person. This means that if you and your companion plan to arrive at the event separately each person must check in separately, using the name of the registrant. Upon arrival, you may check in and then wait for your companion before entering the Auditorium OR you may check in, enter the Auditorium, and your companion will check in when he/she arrives. Please keep in mind that seats in the Cindy Pritzker Auditorium that are unclaimed by 5:50 p.m. may be forfeited.
Harry Belafonte talk and booksigning guidelines:
In order to accommodate as many people as possible the publisher and the author ask that you please observe the following guidelines.
- The number on your entry card will determine your place in the booksigning line.
- Books will be sold at this event. However, you may also purchase your book elsewhere and bring it with you to the event.
- Harry Belafonte will sign only copies of My Song.
- Harry Belafonte will NOT sign any other books, recordings, memorabilia or any other items of any kind.
- You may take photos of the author during the booksigning but you may not pose with the author for photos.
These guidelines are subject to change at the time of the event.
There are several parking facilities within walking distance of the Harold Washington Library Center. The below link lists addresses of nearby parking facilities.
If you have any other questions regarding this event please call (312) 747-8184.
When & Where
Chicago Public Library
If you have questions about this event or registration for this event please call