Hadoop Summit 2010: HBase Training
Friday, July 2, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
Cloudera's one-day HBase course is designed for developers already familiar with Hadoop. We will assume participants are familiar with Hadoop's architecture, APIs and have written basic applications. Cloudera's two-day Hadoop Developer course provides all the necessary background required.
Please note, HBase is under active development, and as such, we may add or remove some content to provide the most relevant information at the time.
We'll alternate between instructional sessions and hands-on labs to ensure participants leave ready to write their own HBase applications.
We'll cover the following topics:
- Introduction to HBase
- Usage Scenarios: When is HBase appropriate?
- HBase Architecture
- HBase Data Model, Access Patterns and Performance Implications
- Schema Modeling
- Schema Management through the HBase shell
- Example Schemas / Applications
- Exercise: Using the HBase Shell
- HBase Java APIs
- Basic Data Access APIs
- MapReduce Integration
- Exercise: Accessing HBase from your Application
- Advanced HBase Features
- Advanced APIs
- Custom Filters
- Hive Integration*
- HBase Deployment
- Installing HBase
- Basic Service Management
* Note: These features are under active development, and may not have been included in an official release by this session.
When & Where
Cloudera brings Hadoop to enterprise users. We provide a certified distribution based on the most recent stable release from Apache, online and live training, as well as commercial support.