The Hadoop Summit provides a great opportunity to get the core developers together for some real life camaraderie and to tackle some of the medium-term issues that can benefit form a day of real-time interaction.
More importantly, we'd like to hear from each of you what you think Cloudera should be focusing on in terms of development, packaging, release process, etc.
To that end, we'd like to invite committers* on hadoop, hbase, pig, hive and zookeeper to spend a day with the Cloudera team to focus on:
* Understanding the major development challenges for the year ahead
* Building consensus on the relative priorities of key upcoming features
* Improving integration among sub projects
* Best practices for packaging and distributing code (making life easier for the ops guys)
* Team building - we'll sponsor something fun for the whole group based on your input during registration
Cloudera will take notes and publish the results to the community at large.
Note: If you are not a committer, but are actively involved in development, you can apply for a limited number of additional spots.
When & Where
Cloudera brings Hadoop to enterprise users. We provide a certified distribution based on the most recent stable release from Apache, online and live training, as well as commercial support.