San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
HACKtivation for the Homeless is an opportunity to join partners from public, private and nonprofit industries to collaborate on civic issues and address homelessness. This is just the beginning of series of events for ongoing civic participation to create lasting impact and build a stronger San Francisco.
Bring your skills and help your neighbors.
HACKtivations are NOT just for developers. If you want to help make San Francisco better, this event is for you!
We have worked with our nonprofits partners who serve the homeless community in San Francisco to identify a diverse group of project opportunities. These projects areas are opportunities to directly help these nonprofits, build empathy for their missions and help them address homelessness in San Francisco.
Project Areas Include:
- Volunteer coordination
- Mobile data collecting and success tracking
- Marketing and fundraising
- Open database of social services
- Affordable housing
- Online presence for homeless artists
- Operational capacity building
- Neighborhood community outreach
Your ticket cost goes directly to funding the event. Every $40 ticket goes to covering the cost of food, event space and paying the team for their hard work in making this event possible.
- $30 - 4 meals, beverages and closing ceremony
- $10 - Event spaces and team smiles
Friday March 28th
- 5:00 PM - Doors open
- 6:00 PM - Speaker series begins
- 7:00 PM - Project pitches from partner organizations
- 8:00 PM - Teams form around project areas and start hacking
- 12:00 AM - Close for evening
Saturday March 29th
- 8:00 AM - Morning volunteer sessions begin
- 11:00 AM - Teams come back together for all day hack
- 1:00 PM - Lunch is served
- 7:00 PM - Dinner is served
- 1:00 AM - Close for evening
Sunday March 30th
- 8:00 AM - Doors open for hacking
- 1:00 PM - Project Submission for Judges
- 4:00 PM - Rewards presentation
- 5:00 PM - Closing Ceremony and Live Music