Hackerspace Mumbai is an initiative of Headstart Network Foundation. It’s a place where hackers meet, create and learn with each other. It’s a place where cred is based only on what you have built and what you share with other hackers (and aspiring hackers) rather than where you studied, where you work etc.
The underlying aim of Hackerspace Mumbai is to massively upgrade the city’s rep for coding skills. We want to herald some kickass coders and projects from this city.
Hackers are people who
- Can create an entire application by themselves. This can be mobile, web (not wordpress pls!), desktop
- Love pushing the boundaries of what they can do
- Learn by doing
- Share with hackers and aspiring hackers
Why come to Hackerspaces
- Meet other Hackers
- Create new things
- Learn new tech
- Learn new methods and alternate approaches
- Take on challenges
Ground Rules for Hackathons
- Everyone codes (even the organizers). No spectators.
- Must form a team. We learn from each other.
- Anyone can post a challenge
- The challenge/project can be either open source/proprietary.Both are welcome; and the latter’s IP will be respected
- You can work through the night at the venue
4:30 PM – Registrations
5:00 PM – Challenges are posted [This month’s theme is mobility; nevertheless we are open to other projects too ]
6:00 PM – Coding starts
9:00 PM – Pizza for dinner
5:00 PM – Show & Tell. Announcement of winners.
What you should bring
- Bring your tools – Laptop, music, IDE etc. We will provide AC area, desks and chairs to work
- While an Internet connection will be made available, it’s best to build redundancies. So kindly get your own internet connection(dongle/hotspot) along, if possible.
- Food for Sunday would be at your own cost. There are places nearby for food that can be recommended. Tea and coffee are available on the house through the hackathon.
Ground floor, Hi-Tech Plaza, Shanti Nagar, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400093 India
Google Map URL: http://goo.gl/maps/m3Ap4