HackDay Miami is part of a series of International hackathons organized by the HackDay Foundation, aimed at fostering the development of technology startups in select cities around the globe. The event will take place at LAB Miami on December 8-9th, 2012.
The event registration will start at 11am on Saturday, Dec. 8th, and will run non-stop through the night, finishing on Sunday at 1pm, followed by the demo of the hacks at 2pm and the selection of the five finalists.
Finalists will be invited to pitch at the Americas Venture Capital Conference (http://avcc.fiu.edu), the premier technology event in South Florida, where they will present their "hacks" as potential new startups to a panel of Industry leading VCs and tech executives.
The judges will select the winner of the $30,000 grand prize based on its potential to become a full-fledged technology startup. If the winning team commits to working full time on the project for the next 90 days and participate in the HackDay Accelaration Program, they will receive an addition $20k cash prize, free co-working space at LAB Miami and prizeless mentorship from some of the world's top technology entrepreneurs.
Food and beverage will be available throughout the event for the participants and attendees. HackDays are meant to be a celebration of the digital culture, and serve as an engine for startup creation within the local technology community
Important HackDay Dates
- Nov. 27th - Pre-HackDay Event Senzari Offices. Open to everybody. You can see details and register here.
- Dec. 3rd Registration for HackDay Miami closes.
- Dec. 5th - All accepted participants to HackDay will be notified.
- Dec.8-9th - HackDay 24hr hackathon at LAB Miami.
- Swc. 9th - HackDay finalists selected.
- Dec. 10-13th - Finalists prepare for Demo Day to pitch their "hacks" as "startups" at AVCC with the help of HackMasters.
- Dec.14th - Demo Day at AVCC in front 400 attendees and top notch judges. Winner Announced!
For more information, please visit HackDay Foundation