Habitat for Humanity
Saturday, February 22, 2014 from 7:45 AM to 2:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- We cannot have anyone on the jobsite that is under 16 years of age. For every 10 youth you must have one accompanying adult.
- Everyone must wear closed toe hard soled shoes (athletic shoes or boots are best, no ballet slippers, heels, clogs, sandals, etc...). Dress weather appropriate in comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Shorts are fine as long as they are of modest length.
- We hold a check in from and work from . Tell your group to arrive at the site no later than ; we close the build site at with no exceptions!
- We do not provide lunch, but we do have water and Gatorade on site for you. If you are planning a group lunch we ask that you please provide a few extra for our crew leaders if possible, I can coordinate this with you.
- The waiver form must be fully completed by each member of your group. Adults need to complete all fields on the first two pages and complete the emergency contact information on the third page. Minors must complete all pages. The waiver should be turned in on the build site the day you volunteer.
- We ask that volunteers bring safety glasses if possible and if you would like gloves. Everyone is required to wear safety glasses on site and ours are well worn, so if everyone brings their own it is a big help.
- If you need to cancel, change the number of people volunteering, or change the date of your build day we need a minimum of two weeks’ notice. When a group cancels at the last minute or doesn’t show up it affects our construction schedule and delays the completion of our homes.
- We have started a “Change Challenge” where we are asking volunteers to donate their spare change to Habitat. The goal is to collect enough money to sponsor a home! Instead of letting those extra coins or few dollars stay in your car cup holder or in-between the couch cushions, bring them to the Habitat worksite where it can do the most good helping to fund a home for a family in need. During check-in, we will have the Change Challenge donation can out and there will be a moment during circle time that we will ask if anyone would like to donate. Let your group know that we would love to have them round up their change and bring it to the site every penny helps!
When & Where
Central Florida SWE
The Central Florida Section of the Society of Women Engineers is a section of the National SWE organization serving Central Florida. The primary purpose of SWE is to help girls and women become aware of the opportunities available to them in engineering and engineering-related careers.