Time: December 16, 2010 from 6pm to 8pm
Location: Digital Bootcamp
Street: 25 West Hubbard St.
City/Town: Chicago, IL
Ticket: $15 and includes sandwich, chips and drink
A smartphone is a mobile phone that offers more advanced computing ability and connectivity than a contemporary basic feature phone.Smartphones and feature phones may be thought of as handheld computers integrated within a mobile telephone, but while most feature phones are able to run applications based on platforms such as Java ME, a smartphone allows the user to install and run more advanced applications based on a specific platform. Smartphones run complete operating system software providing a platform for application developers. A smartphone can be considered as a Personal Pocket Computer (PPC) with mobile phone functions, because these devices are mainly computers, although quite smaller than a desktop computer (DC). Additionally a PPC (Personal Pocket Computer) is more personal than a DC (desktop computer).
Growth in demand for advanced mobile devices boasting powerful processors, abundant memory, larger screens, and open operating systems has outpaced the rest of the mobile phone market for several years. According to a study by ComScore, over 45.5 million people in the United States owned smartphones in 2010 and it is the fastest growing segment of the mobile phone market, which comprised 234 million subscribers in the United States. Despite the large increase in smartphone sales in the last few years, smartphone shipments only make up 20% of total handset shipments, as of the first half of 2010.
GrubHub will provide a demonstration of their new and improved mobile application. It allows users to Search their address or current location to see every restaurant that delivers to them and allows users order online or by phone. This application is perfect for people looking for takeout and food delivery in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Oakland, Boston, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Denver, and Boulder.
- Over 13,000 restaurants
- Use your phone's GPS or enter an address to find out who delivers to you.
- View menus, reviews, and ratings before placing your order.
- Search for restaurants that deliver in 13 major cities: New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Oakland, Boston, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Denver, and Boulder.
- Filter by cuisine, who's delivering now and who accepts online orders.
- Order online or by phone from thousands of local restaurants.
- Search for specific items, restaurants, & cuisines from the home screen.
- Save multiple addresses so you can order from all your homes away from home.
- View past orders and reorder with one tap.
- Save credit cards so you don't have to retype all those pesky numbers next time.
GrubHub was founded in 2004 and is the number one place on the Web to find out who delivers to you and allows you to order food online. The two founders, Matt Maloney and Mike Evans, were software engineers in Chicago who found themselves working late one night, lamenting the lack of web sites that would tell them every restaurant they could order from.
They wrote the first business plan on a mustard-stained bar napkin over cold drinks, and ever since then, they have been a company whose sole vision is to be the best destination for ordering food online. They have grown enormously over the past few years from just two to almost 50 employees, secured two rounds of funding from venture capital firms and several angel investors, and have expanded service to over thirteen cities - and counting...
Dinner will be provided by The Meatyballs Mobile
All items are served on an artisan style baguette:
* Meatyballs - Mushrooms, Shallots, Farmstead Cheese Sauce, Truffle Oil
* BBQ Balls - Pulled Pork Shoulder, Red Cabbage, Apples, Cola-Bourbon BBQ Sauce
* Bouilla-Balls - Brandade, Crab, Shrimp, Shellfish, Marseilles Veges, Rouille
* Buffalo Chicken Balls - Blue Cheese, Celery, Spicy Sauce
* Ricotta Balls (Vegetarian) - Ricotta Dumplings, Eggplant Bolognese, Parsley Pesto
* Thai'd Balls - Turkey, Coconut Milk, Thai Chili Sauce, Sweet Peppers
* Game Balls - Venison, Pumpkin, Cranberries, Espresso
* Not Yo' Daddy's Balls - Bull's Testicles in a Pepper and Tomato Ragout
The Meatyballs Mobile is the brain child of chef Phillip Foss.
A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Chef Foss boasts over 20 years in the culinary arts and has trained in many of the World's finest kitchens, including significant time logged in New York City at the 4 Star Le Cirque, The Quilted Giraffe, and Lafayette. He has also logged time with 3 Michelin chef, Jacques Maximin in France and has also lived and cooked in Hawaii, Brazil, Israel, and Bermuda.
Since Coming to Chicago in 2007, Chef Foss has become renowned not only for his inventive and award winning cuisine, but also for his wildly popular movement to bring more street cuisine and food trucks onto the Chicago culinary scene.
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.