Growing Great Tomatoes
Saturday, March 30, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Palo Alto, CA
Learn which tomatoes have really great flavor and reliable production and are able to hold up under regular garden conditions. You will learn excellent trellising methods, soil preparation, what NOT to do, and how to avoid the brown crispy foiliage blues so a bountiful harvest will be yours until frost. Tomatoes featured are the result of our teacher Nancy Garrison's 25 years of hands-on tomato research.
This class will be held at
687 Arasterdero Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Nancy is founder of, past coordinator of, and now reitred from the Master Gardener Prgram of the U.C. Coop. Extension in Santa Clara County. She has a consulting company, All Things Edible, wherein she helps folks create their own Gardens of Eden.
Save time after class for Nancy's popular Common Ground Center tour covering her favorite products.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.