Grow Green Homeowner Training - October 2012
Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the City of Austin Grow Green team for our FREE fall homeowner's landscape training. In celebration of Texas Native Plant Week this event will also include a native plant swap and tours of the One Texas Center (OTC) demonstration gardens led by landscape architects.
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Drop off plants for plant swap
- 6:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Gardens of OTC Tour
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Meet the Experts/Landscaping Resources - OTC Room 325
- 8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Plant Swap
Plant Swap Details
- All Texas native plants and also adapted plants that are listed in the Grow Green Native & Adapted Plant Guide will be accepted
- Seedlings only, no seeds
- Plants should be labeled (both common and latin name is preferable but plants will be accepted with just one name)
- Plants should be dropped off between 6:00 p.m.-6:15 p.m. at a table in front of the OTC. Look for Grow Green staff and tables with lots of plants.
- Homeowners who drop off a plant(s) will be given a numbered raffle ticket. If you are attending the plant swap but did not bring a plant to share then you will get a numbered ticket after all of the plants have been dropped off.
- After the garden tours and talks by landscape experts homeowners will re-group in front of OTC at 8:30 p.m. for the plant swap. Plants will be selected baesd on individuals raffle ticket number. Once everyone has one plant then the rest of the plants will be freely distributed between the group.
Free parking is available in the OTC Parking garage on the East side of the building.
When & Where
City of Austin - Watershed Protection Department
Watershed Protection protects lives, property and the environment of our community by reducing the impact of flood, erosion and water pollution. www.austintexas.gov/watershed