The Westmoreland Museum of American Art
Art viewing: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Brown Bag Lunch Discussion: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Host: Bree Larkin, contact Bree via e-mail
Slow Art Day is a worldwide celebration of art that encourages people to look at art SLOWLY – and thereby experience art in a new way. You can see more about Slow Art Day and the mission behind it on our website: http://SlowArtDay.com.
You will want to arrive on Saturday April 12 with enough time to spend approximately 10 minutes with each of the 5 following paintings:
1. 'Shepherdess with Sheep and Child' by Alfred Bryan Wall
2. 'By the Sea' by Robert Gwathmey
3. 'Red Apple' by Hubert Fitzgerald
4. 'Self Portrait in Feathered Hat' by Jerome Myers
5. 'Steel Valley' by Otto Kuhler and 'Pittsburgh Mills, Monongahela River' by Ernest Lawson
Beginning at 1:00, our Museum Docents will be hosting a Brown Bag Lunch discussion at the Museum to talk about the artwork and your experience with SLOW looking. There will be some snacks available, but be sure to bring your brown bag!