San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Greening the Packaging Most People Never See
Wed, Feb 13, 2013, 8.30am – 1pm
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, Ca
Making smart decisions about transport packaging materials -such as pallets and boxes- can save costs, reduce product damage and lower your company's environmental footprint. Register for this dynamic morning workshop and lunchtime panel to evaluate what reusable transport packaging could do for your business!
- Learn about shipping and packaging best practices
- Hear real-world success stories
- Discover savings potential and grant opportunities
- Consult one-on-one with experts
- Network with other business leaders
Who should attend? Corporate executives, supply chain directors, shipping and warehouse managers, packaging engineers, fleet and logistics managers, materials managers... and anyone interested in learning more about the environmental and economic value of reusable packaging.
“People don’t realize how much of an environmental impact their packaging has.” – Nancy Parmer, Sustainability, Customer Solutions Group, UPS.
- 8.30 - 9.00: Registration and Breakfast
- 9.00 - 11.30: Workshop
- 11.30 -12.00: Break / Lunch Buffet
- 12.00 - 1.00: Panel Discussion
For more information about reusable transport packaging and to sign up for future workshop notifications, visit www.usereusables.com.
This event is part of the "Use Reusables" campaign, a joint effort of StopWaste.Org and the Reusable Packaging Association with support from U.S. EPA's Climate Showcase Communities program.
You can also contact Caroline Nowacki: email@example.com
Public Transport Information:
- Santa Clara Caltrain Station is 10-15 minutes walking from the event location
- Free parking at Sustainable Silicon Valley, 900 Lafayette Street, Santa Clara, CA
- Street parking on the south side of the Campus, around 740 Market St., Santa Clara, CA
- Santa Clara University Parking, flat rate $6/day, entrance at 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
When & Where
Sustainable Silicon Valley
Sustainable Silicon Valley is leading the Silicon Valley community to create a more sustainable future. We do this by engaging and collaborating with local government agencies, businesses, and community organizations to identify and help address the highest priority environmental issues in the Valley.