The Startup Weekend is coming to Greater Lafayette!
Entrepreneurs from Greater Lafayette area will soon have the chance to build high-tech applications, over a single weekend of intensive 54-hour co-working activity, February 10-12, 2012.
Weekly pre-event meetups at Lafayettech HUB: meetup.com/Lafayettech
The Greater Lafayette Startup Weekend 2012 will take place at:
The Local Startup Accelerator/Incubator &
Entrepreneurship 24/7 Co-working Center
580 N 36th St, Suite A
Lafayette, IN 47905
(for students, located conveniently on the city bus route)
Please read more on the official page at:
- Meet your next team member.
- Collaborate with other local developers, designers, engineers.
- Learn new things from amazing mentors. - Meet investors and angels.
- Hear great speakers talking about entrepreneurship topics.
- Showcase your talent(s).
- Time management, team management, business management.
- Learn what's next to do to grow and market your startup.
- Be part of a magical weekend.
PRIZES FOR THE WINNING STARTUPS:
- 3 months of FREE office space at Lafayettech HUB. Privacy and free knowledge for your growing startup.
- 4 hours of legal consultation, provided by Armstrong Law Offices.
- Free setup of QuickBooks, provided by Milestone Advisors
- Amazon Web Services - $200 credit to the 1st place team.
PRIZES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS:
- A book for each participant: "How To Take A Company From Concept To Creation In 54 Hours", by Marc Nager, Clint Nelsen, Franck Nouyrigat, co-directed by StartupWeekend.org.
- Twilio provides a web-service API for businesses to build scalable, reliable communication apps! The deal: $50 credit using code.
- Amazon Web Services - $50 credit per team + an additional $200 credit to the 1st place team.
- Microsoft BizSpark is a global program designed to help accelerate the success of early stage startups, providing software, support and visibility.
- CloudMine provides a better backend for your mobile apps. Spend time building your app, not building the server-side platform required to run it. The deal: $50 credit.
- O'Reilly Media - one free e-book of your choice.
Special Guest and official Lafayette Startup Weekend event facilitator:
Indianapolis Startup Weekend co-organizer
Lafayettech, Inc. is a local Greater Lafayette, Indiana nonprofit organization (pending registration) that connects local businesses and individuals to discuss the impact of the Internet technologies in our area. Since 2009, a few technology events have been organized under Lafayettech umbrella: Lafayette Tweetup (connecting people on Twitter off-line), Lafayette Twestival (social fundraising and online technology event), Envolve (promoting local people having local ideas for community improvements), the first large local Digital Media Conference and other hi-tech conferences.
Its product Lafayettech HUB is making important steps to becoming a local startup accelerator and incubator, an entrepreneurship co-working center, soon to be open 24/7 to local entrepreneurs, students, engineers, mixed with local investors, professors, successful entrepreneurs, savvy mentors and also local Greater Lafayette small businesses focused on entrepreneurial services.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
When & Where
UP Global is a non-profit dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship, grassroots leadership, and strong communities. We are on a mission to make the world a more innovative and prosperous place, one community at a time. We believe that entrepreneurs are critical to driving a strong global economy and a better world. We do this by supporting the grassroots leaders who are at the core of every strong entrepreneurial community. Through the efforts of community leaders, UP Global operates programs that foster entrepreneurship in hundreds of cities across the world. UP Global's programs & initiatives include Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, Startup Next, Education Entrepreneurs, and Startup Week.