Great Voyages: ILT to WBT - Setting Sail
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (CDT)
Houston, United States
The journey from Instructor Led Training (ILT) to Web-Based Training (WBT) is fraught with challenges but it is undoubtedly a journey worth making. We at MicroAssist would like to serve as your guide. Great Voyages: ILT to WBT is a five-part series of convenient Learn@Lunches that will take you through the essentials of moving from “Sage on the Stage” to “Guide on the Side.”
Part 1: Setting Sail
- What makes E-Learning effective
- Fundamental learning strategies
- Instructional design considerations
- Best practices for online learning
Every other month, a new topic will be addressed by Linda Warren and other E-Learning experts.
- Getting Your Sea Legs - The Web as a Medium - August 2011
- The Lingua Franca - Reading & Writing on the Web - September 2011
- Flying Colors - Visual Design - November 2011
- Land Ho! The Final Steps - Usability & Accessibility - December 2011
About Linda Warren
Linda Warren is MicroAssist's lead Instructional Designer. With a Masters in instructional technology and a Bachelors in biomedical communications arts, she has lent her E-Learning expertise to graduate level courses at universities, state agencies, and corporations.
Before bringing her focus to E-Learning, Linda worked as a visual communicator, using static and motion graphics to educate audiences abotu complex and abstract medical subjects. Her visual art background, college-level teaching esperience, and web design work lend themselves naturally to her interest in E-Learning.
For more examples of Linda's work, please visit the E-Learning section of our website.
When & Where
8500 Shoal Creek Blvd.
Building 4, Suite 225
Austin, Texas 78757