Great Cloth Diaper Change - Tampa Bay, FL
Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
About The Great Cloth Diaper Change
In its fourth year, The Great Cloth Diaper Change is an international initiative organized with the help of the nonprofit Real Diaper Association designed to show the world that cloth diapers are a real option for today’s families. The brainchild of Judy Aagard of Tiny Tots in California, Aagard says she came up with the idea in an effort to host a family event celebrating Earth Day. The Great Cloth Diaper Change has morphed into an exciting Guinness World Record™ breaking event, and in 2013, more than 8,301 babies were changed at one time. For more information visit www.GreatClothDiaperChange.com.
This event is part of a larger (and growing) movement to change the way parents think about diapering their babies. Participants may contribute $1 (or more) at this event. The money will assist the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Real Diaper Association in their efforts to help families across the U.S. and Canada find and use reusable cloth diapers.
- We can only accept registrations up until the day before the event.
- Participants must register at the school by 10:30 AM. The school has some great playgrounds and walking paths to fill up your time before the change. All participants must be in their spot ready for the change at 10:45 sharp.
- The first 100 participants to check in will receive a swag bag with lots of goodies from local and national businesses! Grab yours early for the best bags!
- All participants will be eligible to win a Grand Prize courtesy of Growing Up. There will be additional opportunities to win prizes at the event.
- Join us on Facebook for further information.
Guidelines for Participation
- Each participant (adult over the age of 18) must be paired with one child 39 inches or shorter.
- Each child must be changed into a cloth, reusable diaper that can be purchased online, at a brick & mortar store, or is offered through a diaper service. It does not matter what type of diaper a child arrives in. There will be a small selection of diapers available for purchase at the registration desk if you do not have one prior to arriving.
- At the sound of a loud start signal, all participants must remove their child’s diaper and properly put on a 100% reusable cloth diaper.
- Before the signal to start, each participant should hold the clean diaper they will change the baby into high in the air. The photographer should take “before” shots.
- At the signal to start, each participant should change his or her child’s diaper. No photographs or video should be taken at this time.
- When the diaper change is complete, each participant should hold their freshly changed child in the air. The photographer should take “after shots”. The timekeeper may determine when all diaper changes have occurred. There is no set amount of time within which the change should take place.
- Any participant who does not properly complete the task must be deducted from the total.
When & Where
Growing Up w/the Tampa Bay Natural Birth & Baby Expo
Growing Up is a retail boutique in St Petersburg, FL providing families with a place to get hands-on experience with natural products including cloth diapers, baby carriers, toys, clothing and more. Combined with education, Growing Up offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity in the area for families to get the support they need.
You can find Growing Up at:
689B Dr Martin Luther King St N
St Petersburg, FL 33701