- 14 CPEs available - registered with the NASBA
- Participants are prepared to take the OCEG Certified GRC Professional Exam upon completion.
GRC Strategy, Process, & Technology Seminar . . .
Join Corporate Integrity, LLC in a two-day interactive training exercise in GRC Strategy, Process, and Technology. Attendees receive value in understanding GRC and defining processes and strategy that aligns to OCEG’s GRC Capability Model. This seminar is authorized and endorsed by OCEG
The objective of the seminar is to provide attendees with the knowledge necessary to efficiently design and enhance GRC activities across the business based on the GRC Capability Model. Attendees learn about defining a GRC strategy and associated processes through lectures and practical group interaction, discussions, and exercises.
At the heart of the seminar is the OCEG GRC Capability Model™. Although various standards and frameworks exist to address discrete portions of governance, risk management and compliance issues, the OCEG GRC Capability Model™ is the only open standard that provides comprehensive and detailed practices for an integrated GRC system. These practices address the elements that make up a complete GRC system. Applying the elements of the GRC Capability Model™ and the practices within them enable an organization to:
- Achieve business objectives
- Enhance organizational culture
- Increase stakeholder confidence
- Prepare and protect the organization
- Prevent, detect and reduce adversity
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct
- Improve responsiveness and efficiency
- Optimize economic and social value
The GRC Capability Model™ describes key elements of an effective GRC system that integrate the principles of good corporate governance, risk management, compliance, ethics and internal control.
Learning Objectives . . .
Attendees of the GRC Strategy, Process, & Technology Seminar gain a practical understanding of the following learning objectives:
- Align risk and compliance in the context of business objectives
- Understand, define, and enhance organizational culture as it relates to GRC
- Implement GRC processes that are effective, efficient, and agile
- Prepare and protect the organization while preventing, detecting, and reducing adversity
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct
- Improve responsiveness and efficiency of GRC processes
- Understand technologies role in GRC
- How to develop a GRC strategic plan
- Ongoing monitoring of GRC activities through metrics and measurement
Seminar Agenda . . .
The agenda day for Day 1 (8:00 am to 5:00 pm) is as follows :
- Introduction to OCEG
- Defining GRC & Principled Performance®
- GRC fundamentals
- Introduction of the GRC Capability Model
- Detailed review of the OCEG GRC Capability Model
Day 2 (8:00 am to 5:00 pm) brings the lessons learned in Day 1 to a practical level with group exercises focused on:
- Continued review and implementation of the OCEG GRC Capability Model
- Implementing metrics, measurement, and improvement of the GRC program
- The Critical Role of Information Technology in GRC Management
- Defining and executing a GRC strategy in your organization
- Review of case studies from other companies
The fee includes a copy of slide handouts, OCEG’s GRC Capability Model, as well as a contintental breakfast, lunch, and snacks each day.
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion of the GRC Strategy, Process, & Technology Seminar.
About Your Instructor. . .
Michael Rasmussen, J.D., CCEP, GRCP, and OCEG Fellow, is an internationally recognized pundit on governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) – with specific expertise on the topics of corporate compliance, business ethics, policy management, and corporate culture. With 18+ years of experience, Michael helps organizations improve GRC processes and choose technologies that are effective, efficient, and agile. He is a sought-after keynote speaker, author, and advisor and is noted as the “Father of GRC” — being the first to define and model the GRC market in 2002 while at Forrester.
Michael has contributed to U.S. Congressional reports and committees, and currently serves on the Leadership Council of the OCEG and chairs the OCEG Technology Council.
Michael is quoted extensively in the press and is respected for his commentary on broadcast news channels. In June 2007, Treasury & Risk recognized Michael as one of the 100 most influential people in finance with specific accolades noting his work in “Governance and Compliance: Saving the Planet and the Corporation” and as a “Rising Star in Rocky Times: Corporate America’s Outstanding Executives.”
Prior to founding Corporate Integrity, Michael was a Vice-President and ’Top Analyst’ at Forrester Research, Inc. Before Forrester, he led the risk/compliance consulting practice at a professional services firm and has specific experience managing compliance and risk within organizations.
About OCEG . . .
OCEG is a nonprofit think-tank that helps organizations drive Principled Performance® and enhance culture by providing standards, tools and resources to integrate governance, risk, internal control and compliance processes. More info is at http://www.OCEG.org.
When & Where
GRC 20/20 Research, LLC
20/20 vision is perfect clarity. Clarity, so you are able to process what is in the world and react accordingly. GRC 20/20 Research provides independent and objective research and analysis on topics related to governance, risk management and compliance (GRC).
We bring real-world expertise, independence, creativity and objectivity to help organizations understand and apply strategies and technology to meet GRC challenges. Whether focused on a specific issue or enterprisewide GRC strategy, clients seek GRC 20/20 analyst advice in achieving sustainable and pragmatic innovation. GRC 20/20 advises the entire ecosystem of GRC solution buyers, solution providers and vendor clients. We serve the needs of organizations that seek insight, guidance and advice in dealing with a dizzying array of disruptive issues, challenges, processes, information and technologies.
GRC 20/20 is a:
- Client advocate, to represent the needs of those purchasing solutions and help them navigate vendor hyperbole.
- Product strategist, helping vendors understand the needs of solution buyers to enable product, market, sales and partner strategies.
- Market evangelist, to educate and evangelize GRC strategies, ideas and the role of technology in making GRC processes efficient, effective and agile.
Through ongoing research and industry interaction, GRC 20/20 is the authority in understanding how organizations approach governance, risk management and compliance practices that are effective, efficient and agile. We advise organizations about how to implement GRC technology to maintain a position of integrity aligned with business values, objectives, strategy and performance.