San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
GET OUR NORMAL THREE-DAY SEMINAR IN JUST TWO DAYS
AND STILL QUALIFY FOR 20 CPE
GRC Fundamentals Seminar
In today’s complex global business environment and legal landscape, having a transparent view of information and a coordinated approach to the governance and management of performance, risk and compliance is critical to success. Organizations that understand and apply the principles of integrated governance, risk and compliance (GRC),in both processes and technology, have a real competitive advantage. They improve their ability to make well informed strategic decisions and are better able to response with agility and speed to threats (legal and ethical breeches) and opportunities (csutoerm satisfaction and trust) that arise.
The objective of this seminar is to provide attendees (in-house counsel, compliance and ethics professionals, internal auditors, CSR professionals, strategy professionals) with the knowledge necessary to efficiently design and enhance GRC activities across the business based on established GRC standards. Through lectures and practical group interaction, discussions, and exercises, attendees learn about defining a GRC strategy, building and enhancing corporate ethics and compliance programs, strengthening core business processes, and improving use of technology to support the integrated governance,management and assurance of performance, risk and compliance.
At the heart of the seminar is the OCEG GRC Capability Model. Although various standards and frameworks exist to address discrete portions of governance, risk management and compliance issues, the OCEG GRC Capability Model is the only open standard that provides comprehensive and detailed practices for an integrated GRC program.
Organizations can use the GRC Capability Model to address a broad GRC program across the organization or develop a structure within domains of GRC (e.g., legal, compliance, risk management, audit). The goal is to make GRC processes more effective, efficient, and agile to the needs of the business.
Attendees of the GRC Fundamentals Seminar gain a practical understanding of the following learning objectives:
- Prepare attendees for the Certified GRC Professional exam (www.GRCcertify.org)
- Understand the components of the OCEG GRC Capability Model
- Align risk and compliance in context of the organization
- Understand, define, and enhance organizational culture as it relates to performance, risk, and compliance
- Implement GRC processes that are effective, efficient, and agile
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct through the concept of Principled Performance
- Understand technology’s role in GRC
- Learn how to develop a GRC strategic plan
- Ongoing monitoring and continuous improvement of GRC activities through metrics and measurement
Day 1 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm):
- Understanding GRC Concepts and Definitions
- Introduction to Principled Performance
- Introduction of the OCEG GRC Capability Model
- Start detailed review of the OCEG GRC Capability Model components
Day 2 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm):
- Continued review and implementation of the OCEG GRC Capability Model
- Defining and executing a GRC strategy in your organization
- Preparing for the GRC Professional certificate exam
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion of the GRC Fundamentals Seminar. This certificate shows proof of completion of the course for 18 CPE credits (U.S. NASBA approved).
OCEG is a global nonprofit think-tank that helps organizations drive Principled Performance® and enhance culture by providing standards, tools and resources to integrate governance, risk, internal control and compliance processes. More info is at www.OCEG.org
When & Where