Wordpress Bootcamp: Build a Website with Wordpress
- Family & Education
- General Assembly West, New York NY
Tuesday, October 16th from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
As a giant developer playground for collaborative coding, github represents a few fascinating data sets: a social graph of people and their skills, a project graph of branches and forks, and a dependency graph of projects. We'll explore this coding landscape by diving into these graphs with different technologies, approaches, frontends and approaches.
This workshop is for graphistas of all skill levels. Participate in a few hours of coding led by experienced Neo4j developers. Learn while you play with github project data, focusing on data patterns, data queries, and visualization.
What You'll Learn:
- About Neo4j and graph database
- How to import and structure huge data sets
- How to query data
- How to visualize data
- Create original graph-based applications
Github will offer ten random attendees from each location, a year of their Micro plan! The following promo codes can be redeemed up to ten times each, and will expire January 31, 2013.
6:00 PM / Welcome and Intro
7:00 PM / Break out into focus groups
- build an importer for http://www.githubarchive.org/
- use the GH API, https://github.com/blog/1118-the-github-data-challenge
2. Data Import
- do a domain model on the whiteboard
- choose your language
- import a subgraph
- data patterns & structure
3. Graph Queries
- progressive koans using Cypher
- find interesting people
- find projects that might be interesting to you
4. Data Visualization
- basic graph visualization
5. Application Development
- kick-start an application
8:00 PM / Code, Code, Code
9:30 PM / Wrap-up & group presentations
General Assembly is a campus for technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We provide educational programming, space, and support to facilitate collaborative practices and learning opportunities across a community inspired by the entrepreneurial experience.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.