Course Name: Graph Data Modeling with Neo4j
Duration: 8-hours/1 day
Skill Level: Intermediate
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, DBAs, Business Analysts and students.
- An understanding of the labeled property graph
- How to apply the property graph to common modeling problems
- Common graph structures for modeling complex, connected scenarios
- Criteria for choosing between different modeling options
- How to modify an existing model to accommodate new requirements
- You will need some familiarity with Neo4j, and the Cypher language in particular. The material from the Intro to Neo4j course is sufficient knowledge to understand this course
This course teaches how to design and implement a graph data model and associated queries. With a mixture of instruction and hands-on practice sessions, you’ll learn how to apply the property graph model to solve common modeling problems. You’ll also learn how to evolve an existing graph in a controlled manner to support new or changed requirements.
- Introduction to the labeled property graph model
- Modeling guidelines
- Common graph structures
- Evolving a graph model
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
Patrick Baumgartner works as a passionate software craftsman at 42talents and builds software with Java/JEE, Spring Framework, OSGi, NoSQL databases and other open source technologies. Since he got in touch with Neo4j a few years ago, he sees the whole world as one big connected graph and loves to talk about it.
Patrick is a host of the Neo4j Zurich and the Software Craftsmanship Zurich Meetup group and is engaged in the agile community in Switzerland.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring a laptop with Neo4j installed and a power cord. We will supply breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail email@example.com
When & Where
Graph Academy is the world’s leading source for developer education on graph databases.
GraphAcademy is your premier destination to access flexible and innovative learning options that you need to become a graph data professional!
GraphAcademy Training provides you with the required skills to be effective with graph data and productive with Neo4j. You will gain key modeling and implementation skills to tackle graph data management on Neo4j with ease.
Serving customers in production for over a decade, Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database with the largest ecosystem of partners and tens of thousands of successful deployments.
Check out our training calendar and sign up today!