San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Physicians and the general public need to know the facts about end-of-life care. They need to have a much better understanding of the success rates of resuscitation so they can make informed decisions. This program is designed to give care providers the information and tools to help them communicate with patients in making good end of life care decisions.
Adena Medical Center
Board Room Lunch Provided
March 22, 2013
12:15 PM – 1:15 PM:
Jeff Gordon, MD
· Practices and teaches Internal Medicine to students/residents at Grant Medical Center
· Clinical Assistant Professor of the Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health
· Serves on pastoral staff at Xenos Christian Fellowship
Intended Audience includes: Family Physicians, Psychiatrists, ED/Urgent Care, Internists, Hospitalists, Surgeons, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Counselors.
The objectives are as follows:
· Demonstrate that most of the public are not well informed about
· Discuss the importance of end-of-life discussions.
· Demonstrate that medical professionals should view end-of-life
discussions as necessary in terms of informed consent.
· Understand the usefulness of palliative care and hospice care.
· Understand the potential adverse effects on surrogate decision
ADENA HEALTH SYSTEM IS ACCREDITED BY THE OHIO STATE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION TO PROVIDE CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION FOR PHYSICIANS. ADENA HEALTH SYSTEM DESIGNATES THIS LIVE EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITY FOR A MAXIMUM OF 1 AMA PRA CATEGORY 1 CREDIT™.
Category 1 AMA PRA Credits are applicable toward continuing education for nursing licensure.
Adena Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, RSX 118902. This session has been approved for 1 CEU.
PLEASE ATTEND AND COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC EVALUATION (LINK WILL BE SENT TO YOUR REGISTRATION ADDRESS) WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE EVENT TO CLAIM YOUR CREDITS AND RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE.
There are no commercial interests to disclose by the panel presenter, event planners or CME Committee members.
When & Where
PACCAR Medical Education Center
Opened in September 2008, the PACCAR Medical Education Center is a dream that became a reality thanks to the cooperation of Adena, local, state, and federal officials, and the community. Through philanthropic grants, our community raised over $5 million to support the construction of the PACCAR Center while Adena Health System contributed $10 million.
The PACCAR Medical Education Center...bringing the future of medicine to Southern Ohio and beyond.