This will be our first ever Grand Prix Trial and we're really looking forward to it. Our space is intimate and friendly, so we will be limiting the event to a max of 40 players.
- Start time is 10 for signups and 10:30 for pack opening.
- Format is Sealed, 3 Dark Ascension,and 3 Innistrad.
- Cost is $30 per player. (Each player attending will get an extra entry into our drawing for rights to buy one of our allocation of From the Vaults: Realms to be held later in the year...)
- We will be offering a $6 pizza deal at 2pm (two slices and a drink) for those who want, (as opposed to the standard mad scramble to grab a bite inbetween rounds.)
- Winner will receive 3 byes in the Minniapolas Grand Prix. Everyone will get 3x planeswalker points for participating, and additional prizes will be awarded based on the attendance pool.
We will do signups, online, before the event at the store, and on the day of the event. Signups will start at 10. Players who are not seated and ready to build by 10:30, will need to wait for additional players to join so they can cross check deck lists, and will have the first round counted as a loss.
- The format for this Grand Prix Trial will be Sealed Deck,
- If event attenence is more then 8, the top 8 will play off using the their sealed decks from the event. The product mix for the event will be 3 Innistrad and 3 Dark Ascension boosters per player
- Deck lists are required
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Playoff matches will have no time limit
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
|8||3 Single-Elimination Rounds (No Swiss)||None (run Single Elimination)|
|9 - 16 (If Sealed Deck)||4 Rounds||Top 8|
|9 16 (If Constructed)||5 Rounds||Top 4|
|17 - 32||5 Rounds||Top 8|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top players after the final Swiss round will advance to the single-elimination playoff. The number of players that advanced to the playoff is based on the number of players in the event (see chart above).
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier - 3x
When & Where