Governor's Marketplace - Roadshow 2012 Astoria
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
The Governor's Marketplace is taking the show on the road this summer to support Oregon small businesses!
The Roadshow is a single day event on Wednesday, October, 24th. We're pleased to have so many partnering organizations to share high-value information; from start-to-finish government contracting to learning about the many available resources to take your business to the next level. Thank you to the Clatsop Community College Small Business Development Center for hosting our day; because lunch is included, prompt RSVPs will ensure adequate meals for the group.
Partnering organizations include:
- Governor's Office of Economic & Business Equity
- Director Myers will share an update of Governor Kitzhaber’s priorities and describe many support resources/tools to assist Oregon small business growth.
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Discover innovative programs connecting small businesses of nearly all specialties to the many needs of ODOT.Procurement specialist will be on hand for a detailed Q&A.
- Department of Administrative Services
- Learn tips for navigating ORPIN and marketing your products & services to State of Oregon agencies, and hear updates on ORPIN 2.0
- Business Oregon
- Business Oregon works to create, retain, expand and attract businesses that provide sustainable, living-wage job for Oregonians through public-private partnerships, leveraged funding and support of economic
- Government Contract Assistance Program
- GCAP is part of a nationside network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, or PTAC's. They work with Oregon based businesses that are interested in selling their products and/or services to federal, state or local government.
- Department of Revenue
- The Payroll Tax Division’s focus is to assist businesses in fully understanding tax reporting responsibilities and to correctly classify workers.Worker classification, employee versus independent contractor, not only determines how workers are paid, but can also be extremely costly if not done correctly.
- Secretary of State
- The Business Xpress, www.oregon.gov/business is Oregon's one-stop business portal to help businesses quickly find the information and services they need and complete tasks online without having to understand state agency jargon
- Oregon Small Business Advisory Council
- The Council's mission is to "improve the development, growth and vitality of Oregon's small businesses" and meets at least four times each year to discuss ideas, barriers and state policies. The Council reports to the Governor annually with recommendations to improve state programs and policies for the benefit of small business.
- Oregon Employment Department
- An Economist from the Oregon Employment Department will give a quick overview of the area's economic and labor market trends, and will describe some of the products and services they can provide small and growing businesses to help you make informed business decisions.
Small businesses are the backbone of our economy! Our goal is to provide valuable information, tools and resources, and create or strengthen relationships to assist Oregon small businesses to get back to work. We hope to see you and feel free to invite other small businesses to join us ~
When & Where
Governor's Office of Economic & Business Equity
Still have questions? Please contact:
Governor's Office of Economic & Business Equity, Deputy Director