Gospel Foundations Workshop 2013 (Fri Sep 13 & Fri Sep 20)
Friday, September 13, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Gospel Foundations Workshop
Fri Sep 13th (6–9:30pm) & Fri Sep 20th (6:–9:30pm)
Join us over two Friday evenings as we unpack the power and purpose of the gospel in a fresh way. Gain clarity about who the church is and what it would look like to be a community shaped by grace making disciples who make disciples.
The primary aim of our GFW is to equip you with the good news of the gospel. Our secondary aim is to walk with you in your journey of seeking if Fellowship is the church family Jesus wants you to be discipled by and make disciples with.
We'll explore four foundational ideas: 1.) Who is God? 2.) What has He done in Christ? 3.) Who are we in light of that? 4.) How then shall we live? These gospel foundations will help us work out:
- What is the grand Story of God (the Gospel), so that we might live in light of that?
- The Power of the Gospel: How the gospel saves us (Saved from…)
- The Purpose of the Gospel: Why the gospel saves us (Saved for…)
- Who is the church? How do we define the church? (Identity & Rhythms)
- What is a Missional Community?
- How do we organize our lives and the life of our church family in light of these truths?
- What does it look like to join this gospel family to pursue this together?
- We'll have dinner together along with our discussion
- We are organizing some folks that would be available for those who may need babysitting at your home. Please let us know if you would need someone.
- We'll dialogue and upack half of the Gospel Foundations on the first Fri (Feb 1), and the other half on the second Fri (Feb 8).
- Each of the two Friday's, we'll gather from 6–9:30pm at the Fowler's house
When & Where
Being the the church for one another and our city, we're seeking to make disciples who make disciples in Jonesboro, Arkansas State University, Paragould, Pocahontas and beyond.