Google's Android 3rd Birthday - Todor Krecu
Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (CST)
The Google Android Mobile Platform Turns 3 Years in November 2010. It has been three years since Google launched the Android mobile platform.
Android is a mobile operating system initially developed by Android Inc., a firm purchased by Google in 2005. Android is based upon a modified version of the Linux kernel. It is a participant in the Open Handset Alliance. Unit sales for Android OS smartphones ranked first among all smartphone OS handsets sold in the U.S. in the second and third quarter of 2010, with a third quarter market share of 43.6%.
This is a video of Sergey Brin, Google co-founder, introducing Android: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJHYqE0RDg
The Android Market is an online software store developed by Google for Android devices. An application program ("app") called "Market" is preinstalled on most Android devices and allows users to browse and download apps published by third-party developers, hosted on Android Market. The website, rather than the Market app itself, provides details of some of the available apps, in particular those that are termed "Featured", "Top Paid" and "Top Free". On October 25, 2010 the official AndroidDev twitter account announced that the Android market had surpassed the 100,000 app milestone.
Street: 150 S Michigan Ave
City/Town: Chicago, IL
We will see a demo of these Android apps:
- Taxi Cab Share
- Late for a meeting downtown and not an open cab to be found? Or, maybe you are going to the ball game along with half of the city. Then, Taxi Cab Share application is up for you!
- Children TV - videos for kids
- This app is designed for kids 2 - 8 years old. It is inspired by seeing children search and watch YouTube cartoons. We wanted to create a save and convenient app for our children to enjoy the car rides, etc.
- Yachts and Tall Ships
- Whether you are on the water or land, Yachts and Tall Ships application will astonish the explorer in you. You will find detailed information for over 700 sailing vessels, all major ports around the world, events and schedules, famoust buildings and various points of interests.
- Questions and Answers session:
- Android application development and marketing to Android mobile users
This event is also listed on:
When & Where
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.