Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Join Google at their New York office for a full day of training on maps, trends, data, hangout and more.
Google 101 | 9:00 am to 11:45 am
It’s no secret that data-gathering and journalism go hand in hand – but then what?Whether it’s refining your advanced search capabilities, improving audience engagement through Google+ or learning how to visualize big data through Google Maps, this workshop is intended to guide you through gathering and visualizing your data, and engaging with your audience. Topics will include:
- Gather: Advanced Search, Trends, Correlate, Public Data Explorer and Consumer Surveys
- Visualize: Embeddable maps, My Maps, Google Maps Engine Lite (Beta), Google Maps API, Google Earth and Google Fusion Tables
- Engage: Google+, Hangouts On Air and YouTube
- Nicholas Whitaker - Media Outreach Lead
- Vanessa Schneider - Geo Media Program Manager
Lunch at Google | Noon to 1:00 pm
Hangouts On Air for Broadcast | 1:15 pm to 3:00 pm
Hangouts On Air (HOA) brings all types of people together – from President Obama chatting with potential voters, to star-gazing enthusiasts sharing their view of the cosmos. Anyone can use HOA, but it’s important to set the scale of your Hangout and plan accordingly. If your goal is to host a grand “event” style Hangout that focuses on maximizing views, you should approach Hangouts on Air differently than someone who hosts a weekly HOA to slowly grow their community.
In this session, we will deep dive into HOA's, discuss strategies for conducting an effective HOA, and get hands on with some third party gear that will allow to to integrate professional studio cameras into your Hangouts and weave Hangouts into your studios current work flow, or take your HOA mobile.
- Trainer: Nicholas Whitaker - Media Outreach Lead