Google Developer Group ChicagoAndroid.com
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Monthly meeting of GDG ChicagoAndroid.com
6:00) James Harmon: Android UI Testing with Spoon
- Spoon is a new functional testing framework for Android developed by Jake Wharton of Square. He's also the developer of one of the most popular 3rd party libraries for Android - ActionBarSherlock.
- Spoon will give you the ability to easily create tests for your app's UI. It can automate and capture screenshots for multiple devices and also provides a number of useful assert methods which will make your tests much shorter and more readable.
6:30) Martin O'Shield: SDR Applications on Android and utilizing Google's Vice netowkr to create SDR GSM Mobile Phone Networks
- SDR Applications on a Android device
- Utilizing Google's Voice netowork, and a SDR device, demonstrate creating a LIVE SDR GSM Mobile Phone Network where I can call the audience members, so they can see the telephone calls come into & out of the General Purpose Processor, (Intel/AMD), routing it wirelessly over the Internet though Google's voice network.
7:00) Mohamed Siraj: Proof of Delivery App - $1M Saving for Client
- Proof of Delivery (POD) application is a custom build android application to replace traditional Pitney Bowes (PB.com) system which cost $1300/device with $150 Samsung Galaxy 7" Pad and provide much data demanded by today. POD app provide just no the proof of signature but also provide route information, location, workflows and delivery reports. A simple application made life much easier for a parts delivery company.
7:15) Tim O'Brien: The New Android Build System: Gradle
- A detailed plan and methodology that will help you get clear, stay focused, and efficiently execute relevant, high-value activities.
- A suite of technology recommendations to help you get the results, and success, you really want.... faster!
- An overview of the ultimate success guide for corporate leaders, entrepreneurs, sales professionals and other individuals seeking success by leveraging their suite of technology solutions, strategies, network and behavioral management methods.
7:45) Andrew Violette: Chicago Food Truck Finder - built on AppEngine and Android
- The Chicago Food Truck Finder is a website, a set of REST-ful services, and an Android application. I would like to present my android app, and demonstrate how it uses (mostly) Google technologies on the back-end to accurately display where food trucks are, and where they are going to be.
8:00) Joel Neidig: MTConnect
- ITAMCO is a member of the Technical Advisory Group for MTConnect. ITAMCO is also an Android developer. MTConnect is a set of open, royalty-free standards intended to foster greater interoperability between controls, devices and software applications by publishing data over networks using the Internet Protocol. I will be promoting MTConnect and presenting the open source and royalty free protocol.
- ITAMCO developed the first ever MTConnect Client app for Android, which I will demonstrate and discuss the benefits and business opportunities that MTConnect presents for developers and end users. You can find out more about MTConnect at mtconnect.org and you can also read more about ITAMCO at itamco.com. Here is a link to our MTConnect Android application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ITAMCO.SHOWCASE&hl=en
8:15) Jay Ohms: Out With the Old, In With the New: Great Android Design
- Android is changing fast in a lot of great ways. As Google's putting more muscle into design and developer guidelines, it's time to get rid of some of the old Android philosophies, leave the past behind, and start building high quality apps that delight your customers.
8:45) Ayanna Black: Building A Business Website on WordPress and Google Analytics
- focus on front end designing of WordPress websites, which is the core of my own business and briefly touch on Google Anayltics.
If you would like to be a speaker, please fill out this form:
When & Where
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.