San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The agenda for GLOCon 2014 is finalized!
For those coming in from out of town, if you like, our GLO Peeps have nice, comfortable rooms at their homes. Don't be shy - we're not! Please contact Amy Nasir if you are interested in going on the cheap!
Otherwise, here are a few hotel options:
- 2.6 Miles - Comfort Inn Plymouth:
- 4.6 Miles - Courtyard Livonia:
- 4.6 Miles - Detroit Marriott Livonia:
We can easily coordinate rides for those flying in as well!
Here's an overview of locations in Plymouth: https://goo.gl/maps/lsa6V
Friday, September 19
- 6:30pm-11pm - Detroit Bus Company Tour, Scofflaws and Speakeasies: Detroit Prohibition Tour. Sorry - SOLD OUT: http://detroittours.com/919-scofflaws-and-speakeasies-detroit-prohibition-tour/
Saturday, September 20
- GLOCon at Plymouth Library: https://goo.gl/maps/dWxd7
Walldorf/Dunning rooms (divider will be down): http://goo.gl/0XUKO6
- 10am - The Great Airship Race of 1925: Capitalism vs State Enterprise - Karen Minto
- 11am - Man the Hero: In New York History - Robert Begley
- 12-12:30pm - Lunch
- 12:30-1:30pm - What is the Point of Arguing? - Rick Minto
- 1:30-2:30pm - Practical Self-Defense for Everyone - Karen Minto
- 2:30-4:30pm - The Characters of The Fountainhead and Q&A - Andrew Bernstein
- 5pm - Travel to Detroit!
- 6:30-9:30pm - Boarding for the Detroit Princess Cruise & Dinner
Tickets - http://www.detroitprincess.com/cruiseinfo.php?date=2014-9-20&cid=17096
IMPORTANT: Be sure to specify that you are with the "GLO" party when you purchase your ticket online. They will seat us together. Also, be sure to bring cash if you'd like drinks - they don't accept plastic.
- 10pm-??? - Hangout at Robert & Amy's in Redford
Sunday, September 21
- GLOCon-tinued at John's in Plymouth
- 11am - Marriage: What, Why, How - Robert Nasir
- 12pm - The Kindly Brontosaurus, and other benevolent ways to get what you want - Amy Nasir
- 1pm - Lunch
- 2pm - Nutritional and Lifestyle Approaches for Optimizing Thyroid Function - Carrie Burdzinski
- 3pm - The British Political System - Alexander Vande Berg
- 4pm - Lessons from the Front: How to Kick Ass in Politics - Alex Witoslawski
- 5pm-??? - Party at John's - Bring your swimsuit for the hot tub! Music, philosophy, dinner, karaoke, lampshades.
Monday, September 22
- 11am - Greenfield Village: http://www.thehenryford.org/village/index.aspx
We can get some attendees in for FREE - or $12, half off the price! Tour presented by Amy Nasir, former Historical Presenter. (FYI, Andy and Robert Begley won't be able to make this, but Andy will be available for dinner.)
Hope to see you there!