Global Entrepreneurship Week Tampa Bay - Kickoff
Monday, November 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM (EST)
Nov 14 - 18th is Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), and Tampa Bay is invited!
This is the one event this year that you will not want to miss if you are part of Tampa Bay's exciting technology innovation community and you have any interest in the region's economic future.
Even Washington, D.C. is taking notice...
That's right. Startup America Partnership, announced by President Obama in January 2011, has chosen Tampa Bay as one of the three locations to launch their Florida initiative, Startup Florida.
Join Tampa Bay WaVE, Startup America Parntership and the rest of the local technology innovation community for the 2011 Global Entrepreneurship Week Tampa Bay - Kickoff event to celebrate our thriving entrepreneurial community. Learn more about Startup America Partnership's plans for Florida. Plus, find out about the other exciting events being hosted this week by Tampa Bay Technology Forum, Tampa Bay Innovation Center, and Gazelle Lab.
Special thanks to our sponsor:
The University of Tampa Sykes College of Business Entrepreneurship Center
Why should you come?
- Be surrounded by hundreds of the best & brightest in Tampa Bay
- Learn about all the other GEW activities in Tampa Bay that week
- Find inspiration and encouragement for your own entrepreneurial endeavors!
Who will be there?
- Tampa Bay WaVE
- Startup Weekend Tampa Bay
- BarCamp Tampa
- USF, USFSP, UT
- Tampa Bay Technology Forum
- Suncoast iPhone App Developers
- Tampa Bay PHP
- Tampa Ruby Brigade
- Microsoft BizSpark
- Tampa Bay Windows Phone Developers Group
- BNFE (Bull's New Frontier Entrepreneurs)
- UTE (University of Tampa Entrepreneurs)
- Gazelle Lab
- Tampa Bay Innovation Center
- Head of Lettuce Media, Last Straw Media & other Social Media Marketing Pros
- Creative Tampa Bay (and their 2011 winner of 10-100-1000: Swings Tampa Bay)
- and many more.... (let us know if we should add your name here)
About the Startup America Partnership
The Startup America Partnership was launched at the White House in response to President Obama’s call to celebrate, inspire, and accelerate high-growth entrepreneurship throughout the nation. The Partnership is bringing together an alliance of major corporations, funders, service providers, mentors and advisors working to dramatically increase the prevalence and success of high-growth enterprises in the U.S. AOL co-founder Steve Case chairs the Partnership and the Kauffman and Case Foundations are founding partners. American Express OPEN, Dell Inc., Intuit Inc., and Microsoft are sponsors. The Partnership will identify, measure and report on the effectiveness of cross-sector collaboration in support of entrepreneurial ventures and its effect on job creation and growth. For more information on the Partnership and to register as a Startup America Firm today, visit www.startupamericapartnership.org and follow at www.twitter.com/startupamerica and www.facebook.com/startupamerica.