Glimmer Twins of Tech: The Cloud & Open Source - March 31, 2010
Does the enterprise know that FOSS (Free Open Source Software) is a big
foundation of it's next phase of computing and will it actively fuel
the future of FOSS? or will we slip back to business as normal and
The rise of cloud computing and SaaS has been in no small part due to the availability of enabling platforms and applications in the open source domain - tools like Hadoop, Xen and Puppet to name a few. In this meeting, we will explore whether such successes will help legitimize open source and find funding for further open source innovation. Most importantly we look at how industry can prevent the exploitation of open source by giving back.
The conversation will be moderated by Bernard Golden from GigaOM Pro.
A few speakers will lead the debate at the forum, but the overall emphasis will be on participation and comment by all those invited. Our conversation leaders for the session will include:
- Larry Augustin - CEO, SugarCRM CEO
- Jim Zemlin - Executive Director, Linux Foundation
- Shelton Shugar - SVP, Cloud Computing, Yahoo!
- Rich Wolski- CTO, Eucalyptus
- Joe Tobolski - Partner, Accenture Technology Labs
- Tom Hughes Croucher - Evangelist, Yahoo!