San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The purpose of this class is to acquire the ability to use the Kiln. Use of the kiln zone is for i3 Trained Users only. In addition, you will learn a little bit about Glass Casting, you will be making a piece of your own, to have and hold dear.
- Yopu MUST be a member in good standing of i3Detroit
- Materials will be provided. Material cost $8.
- Sign up by 5pm on Tuesday the day prior. No walkons allowed.
- This class is for i3 Detroit members only, as it is for training to use the Kiln primarily, which is effectively limited to members.
- Please bring a DUST MASK of your own (i.e. something similar to http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cordova-N95-Approved-Valved-Particulate-Respirator-10-Per-box-NX95V/202593531#.UaIgV3fSlHw )
- Your piece will be available 36 hours after class.
- If you drop out, please do so before on the day of class. Emergencies are of course the exception to the rule.
When & Where
i3 Detroit is a DIY collective (aka, makerspace or hackerspace) in Ferndale, Michigan, with tools and resources to facilitate a wide variety of projects. The i3 in the name is our goal: Imagine, Innovate, and Inspire!"
i3 Detroit is supported by its members through monthly dues, but is open to guests as well. The facility hosts workshops and classes as often as possible, and our Open Shop Fridays are popular. Classes are led by volunteer instructors (mostly members). Members as a rule are generous with their time and experties, so if there's something you want to learn about, stop by and ask!
When there's no class happening (and sometimes when there is!), you'll usually find members in the space, soldering, sewing, welding, sculpting, or just hanging out.
i3 Detroit was founded in 2009. We have about 140 dues-paying members. Donations from students and guests are always appreciated, and have the potential to substantially increase our resources!