GLAMcamp NYC Workshop
Friday, May 20, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (EDT)
New York, NY
Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums (GLAM) & Wikimedia - morning workshop
Friday 20 May, 9am for a 9:15 start. Hashtag #GLAMWIKI
Keynote speaker: Meg Bellinger, Director of Digital Assets and Infrastructure, Yale University
This two hour workshop is designed for professionals and students in the cultural sector (GLAMs) who are interested in learning more about how their community can collaborate with the Wikimedia projects - notably Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons.
This workshop is the opening event of the "GLAMcamp NYC" conference. 25 of the world's most active Wikipedians in the field of GLAM-Wikimedia collaboration will be in New York to share best-practices. This is your opportunity to learn how Wikipedia can be used successfully in your organisation. It is also the chance to give needed feedback on how to improve GLAM-Wikimedia collaboration in the future - software, tools, projects, documentation - all ideas welcome.
After the welcome and introduction Participatory parallel sessions will be run where you can learn about:
- How the "Wikipedian in Residence" program works
- How to get your institution's multimedia used in Wikipedia articles
- Everything you wanted to know about Wikipedia editing and copyright policies but were too afraid to ask
- other topics on request.
Please join us!
Your organising team,
- Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia Foundation Cultural Partnerships Fellow @Wittylama
- Richard Knipel, Wikimedia NYC President @WikimediaNYC
- Katie Filbert, GLAM Ambassador, Wikimedia DC @FlibertKM
- Sarah Stierch, Wikipedian in Resident, Archives of American Art @Sarah_Stierch
If you cannot attend but would like to know more about GLAM-Wikimedia projects, please visit: