GLAMcamp Amsterdam public event
Friday, December 2, 2011 from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM (CET)
Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums (GLAM) & Wikimedia - afternoon event
Dr. Margriet Schavemaker, Head of Collections and Research, Stedelijk Museum
"Tricks and traps of sharing modern collections online"
David Haskiya, Product Developer, Europeana
"The Europeana strategic plan and Wikimedia"
Frank Meijer, Project manager of Museum digitization, Tropenmuseum
"What is working with Wikipedia really like?"
Parallel paricipatory discussions with visiting international Wikimedians
where you can learn about,
- How the "Wikipedian in Residence" program works
- How to host a "backstage pass tour" and organise an "edita-thon" event
- How to get your institution's multimedia used in Wikipedia articles
- Explaining Wikipedia editorial and copyright policies
- other topics on request.
This two hour workshop is designed for professionals and students in the cultural sector (GLAMs) who are interested in learning more about how their community can collaborate with the Wikimedia projects - notably Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. This is your chance to hear from cultural-sector leaders on how they are working with Wikipedia and see how this could be applied at your organisation.
This workshop is the public-facing part of the "GLAMcamp Amsterdam" conference. 45 of the world's most active Wikipedians in the field of GLAM-Wikimedia collaboration will be in Amsterdam to share best-practices. It is also the chance to give needed feedback on how to improve GLAM-Wikimedia collaboration in the future - software, tools, projects, documentation - all ideas welcome.
At 1600 we will join together in the MediaMatic bar, drinks €1 (finishing at 1645).
We will then walk to the famous De Balie grand cafe and then onwards to dinner...
Please join us!
Your organising team,
- Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia Foundation Cultural Partnerships Fellow @Wittylama
- Jessica Tangelder, Wikimedia Nederlands Project Manager @JTangelder
- Maarten Brinkerink, Wikimedia Nederlands GLAM Liaison Coordinator @Mbrinkerink
If you cannot attend but would like to know more about GLAM-Wikimedia projects, please visit: