San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What does it take to make a good script great? Everyone seeks that frustratingly elusive magic formula, but to put it simply: you need to have a really interesting story about really interesting people, and you've got to tell your story in a way that grabs an audience's attention and never lets go. How exactly you do that is what this workshop is all about.
During this information-packed workshop with development executive and script consultant Michael Heartsong, a.k.a. Script Wizard, you’ll learn:
- Three simple techniques to overcome writer's block
- The three items a script MUST exhibit in order to be attractive to Hollywood (and they aren't sex, violence, or chases)
- The important and vital difference between a spec script and a shooting script
- Script blindness
- What the three-act structure really is, and why it is so important
- 7 specific techniques guaranteed to make your screenplay much more interesting, engaging, and entertaining than it is now
- Proper formatting and why this is important
- A few ideas on finding an agent or manager
- A few tips on getting your script sold
- The significant ways in which a screenplay differs from a theatrical play
This will be a highly interactive event, so bring your questions, issues, and concerns. Michael wants everyone who attends to come away with specific knowledge and insight about how to write better screenplays.
Saturday, September 14th
General Admission: $15
* FREE for Junction members *
Limited Seats Available
open to members & non-members
1001 Colorado Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90401
About Michael Heartsong:
From Michael's Clients:
"We'd been through six drafts and knew the project simply wasn't working. But no one seemed to know what was wrong or how to fix it. Your five pages of notes broke the logjam and made everything crystal clear. Now I understand what my film is really all about, and we are moving full steam ahead on a revision. Thanks!"
"Your viewpoint and comments on our project were enormously refreshing and insightful. I've never worked with anyone who comes at scripts from the perspective you do. Besides being innovative, your approach helped my partners and me better understand the film we want to make. Before your help, we were having difficulty getting a draft of the script we all liked. Now the project really sings! I look forward to engaging your assistance on future projects."
"I've directed or produced more than 50 films. I like to think I know something about this business. But, frankly, I was stymied with our project until you came along. Your extremely insightful and penetrating comments enabled us to break out of the blockages we were in, and understand how we needed to modify characters, plot line and story points to make the script and film work the way we wanted it to. I was initially very skeptical about your ability to be of help. You've made me a believer! I look forward to working with you on future projects. Thanks again for your help."
When & Where
The Writers Junction
The Writers Junction is an affordable shared workspace for writers. It’s where writers write. It’s where you’ll find the quiet of a library, the society of a coffee shop, the focus of a daily office, and the camaraderie of a private club. It’s where you can work in splendid isolation, within a supportive community.