Give Us Hope Kentucky and Kentucky Protection and Advocacy are hosting 2 Training Sessions: The IEP & Michelle P Waiver
March 23, 2013
10am-12pm IEP Session
1-3 p.m. Michelle P Waiver
We will break for lunch from 12-1 if you would like to attend both sessions. There are numerous places for lunch nearby.
Give Us Hope Kentucky
is hosting a Caregiver Focused
Special Education Training for the
Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
the Michelle P Waiver.
These trainings sessions will be taught by staff from
Kentucky Protection & Advocacy.
These sessions are not considered introductory level trainings, but will include in depth information that is needed to help you be the best advocate for your loved one.
Parents are encouraged to bring their child's IEP and/or Michelle P Waiver Plan and ask questions after each training session.
We request that you email questions that you may have in advance and we will compile them into a booklet to share with the participants in each session. Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to register for each event that you wish to participate.
After you register, a confirmation will be emailed to your registration email.
These trainings are for families and will not be open to school or agencies.
Please forward any questions you have or contact Katie directly so we can make sure they are addressed before March 23rd.
Call Katie Bentley 859-391-8075 with questions about the training.
Give Us Hope Kentucky
Hello. You are receiving this message because you registered for one or more trainings to be held on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at the Boone County Library. The trainings are the IEP and the Michelle P Waiver. We are excited to have you registered and would like to share some items that may be helpful to you in preparing for the training. A gentle reminder that this is only open to direct caregivers, not agencies or schools. You may be employed by either, but would need to have a child in the school system to be present in the IEP class.
Also we cannot provide you with CEU’s or certificates for this training. We are both moms and have worked tirelessly to produce this training for FREE. We wanted to provide families this opportunity so that you could be an more informed and empowered part of your child/family member’s life. If you have any questions, please contact Katie at 859-391-8075 today.
- Dress in layers, we never know how warm or cold a room may be.
- Bring your child/family member’s IEP or Michelle P Plan of Care (an extra copy for P & A would be most helpful in getting you information faster)
- Joyce from P & A will be bringing the necessary forms to help you get connect to the advocates so that you can get the information that you need to be more informed active player in your child’s future.
- Bring something to write with and paper for note taking.
- Lunch is on your own: If you registered for both sessions, we will break for lunch at noon and begin again at 1pm. There are many restaurants nearby.
- We only have enough materials for those registered for the training,
We look forward to seeing old friends and meeting the new parents who have registered. Have a great evening. See you in the morning!
Katie and Missie