"Give Kids The World" Volunteer Day
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
JOIN PPAF In supporting GIVE KIDS THE WORLD VILLAGE!
Saturday October 13, 2012
WHAT WE WILL DO:
We will be restoring a villa, so come dressed to work
ie. Touch- up painting, changing light bulbs, changing fixtures etc.
PPAF is so proud to have chosen Give Kids the World as a cause that our assocaition and our members can support. We have collected money to donate to this wonderful charity and will be gathering on October 13th to help restore a Villa that can make a child's dream come true.
Kids 12-15 can also join in if accompanied by a parent.
Tee-shirts provided by anyone who signs up by September 28th.
3 EASY STEPS MUST BE DONE TO JOIN US.....
Step 1: Register on Eventbrite, This will allow us to update you as we get closer to the event exact time and location
Step 2: Completing a Give Kids the World Volunteer Application: (This is required by the organization)
• Click this link to do so https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1622061377
When prompted for the group name list - Adopt A Villa, PPAF.
Step 3: Completing a Background Check (only for those 18 or OLDER): (This is required by the organization)
• Visit http://gktw.volunteerportal.net
(There is no user name)
• Volunteers must enter their own information
MORE ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER WORK DAY
To actively engage volunteer groups in helping Give Kids The World Village maintain our villas at the highest level of quality and cleanliness possible and to engage the groups in a regular activity that both helps reduce operating costs and encourages additional volunteer support.
- Provide the highest quality and cleanest villa for each and every family that stays at Give Kids The World Village
- Build relationships and encourage support for the Village from within our corporate partners
- Reduce operating costs in order that we may use these funds for additional enhancements for our visiting families.
- Provide our corporate partners with a fun and rewarding work experience at the Village and in so doing, encourage them to want to do more
- Add to the overall Guest experience by providing and identifying one more means of Volunteer support
- Must be able to provide enough support and manpower to accomplish the scope of work for each villa (8 or more people per workday)
- Must know how to have fun
Items Always Appreciated
- Paint brushes and rollers
- Plastic buckets for both paint and cleaning
- Sponges, clothes, paper towels
- Scrappers, wire brushes
- Basic tools and equipment - ladders, screwdrivers, hammers, putty knife
- Lawn and Garden tools - Shovels, rakes, loppers, trimmers
- Paint & Drop cloths
- Trash bags
- Cleaning chemicals
- Our most sincere appreciation