GIT Forum IV: Your Link to Community Leaders
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
FloridaWorks and the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce invites you to "GIT's Forum IV: Your Link to Community Leaders" on Wednesday, June 26th from 5:00pm-6:30pm at City Hall, 200 East University Ave.
This is an opportunity for companies who experience a need for IT professionals and HR professionals who recruit for IT talent to voice their concerns regarding current and future IT talent recruitment and retention for the Gainesville area.
This event is for employers only.
Hear opening words from Commissioner Yvonne Hinson-Rawls and address a panel of community leaders!
Panel guests, include:
- FloridaWorks: Kim Tesch-Vaught, Executive Director
- Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce: Deborah Bowie, Vice-President
- City of Gainesville: Erik Bredfeldt, Economic Development and Innovation Director
- University of Florida: Steve Thebaut, Associate Chair (Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering)
- Santa Fe College: John McNeely, Associate Vice President (Department of Career and Technical Education)
- School Board of Alachua County: Dave Edwards, Director of Adult Career Technology Education
- New Horizons Computer Learning Centers: Ted Gilson, Placement Director of Student Services
- Gator Innovators: Trevor Abbott, Chairman
Register today and click HERE to submit topics and questions for discussion.
Set the stage for Gainesville! Bring ideas, feedback, opportunities, and solutions!
For questions or concerns, email Shareen@GainesvilleChamber.com.
FloridaWorks is an equal opportunity employer/program.
When & Where
CareerSource North Central Florida
CareerSource North Central Florida is the regional workforce board for Alachua and Bradford Counties. CareerSource NCFL is one of 24 regions in the CareerSource Florida network, a statewide network of workforce professionals.
Gainesville was named the Region of Excellence by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for a Competitive Workforce for its sustained, collaborative approach to economic development through education and workforce development.