Getting Started With Your Own Wood-Fired Oven Catering Business March 31st - April 1st
Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM - Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM (MDT)
Getting Started With Your Own Wood-Fired Oven Catering Business
Learn first-hand from professionals in the field and practice using the very same equipment you’ll need to run your own thriving business!
Get Rolling In The Dough
With over two years of workshop facilitation we've been fortunate to work with aspiring Pizzaiolos from every professional background. We have 25 years of combined experience building and operating our own businesses. We invite you to learn about our system, share our philosophy, and why Rolling in the Dough is helping Pizzaiolos build success nationwide. We will cover every chapter in the business manual, "Rolling In The Dough," along with:
- How to use a wood-fired oven and manage the fire
- How to make scrumptious thin crust pizza dough and how to properly store and transport it
- How to set up a portable wood-fired oven to cater any type of event and what events will be most profitable
- How to obtain your health department license
- How to choose the proper equipment and save money when purchasing it
- How to leverage effective marketing strategies
Friday, March 30th (8pm-10pm)
Join us for some free pizza and mingling with fellow classmates! Please try your best to make it, as all introductions will happen at this event.
Saturday, March 31st (8am-6pm)
• Complete overview of the Wood-Fired Pizza catering business
• Obtaining your food license
• Comparing 3 types of events
• Determining necessary equipment (and what’s not necessary)
• Learning wood-fired oven methods & techniques
• Hands on: dough-making
• Q & A with Practicing Wood-Fired Caterers
Sunday, April 1st (8am-5pm)
• Hands on: Cooking breakfast foods + how to bake off dough to make bread
• Learning wood-fired oven Methods & Techniques Part II
• Hands on: handeling dough + pizza-making
• Marketing Strategies that work
Monday, April 2nd (8am-11am) - OPTIONAL
Steve Redzikowsk, Chef and owner of Oak Restaurant is our guest instructor. Previously, Chef Redzikowsk was at the critically acclaimed Little Nell in Aspen, CO. He'll go over roasted vegetables and meat dishes along with other tasty appetizers in a wood-fired oven. More hands on experience with wood-fired ovens and cooking techniques will be covered.
Not sure the extension is for you? Sign up while at the workshop.
How Much Dough?
$899 for individual tickets
$200 for Monday culinary intensive session
$1500 for partner tickets
• "Rolling In The Dough", 2nd edition business manual ($250 value)
• Chef Coat
• All workshop curriculum
• 2 day workshop
• Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks on Saturday and Sunday
• Copies of slideshow presentations and all recipes demonstrated and cooked over the course of the workshop
• And a few surprises.... who doesn't like surprises?
Visa/Mastercard/American Express accepted
“I really like the way Joseph presented the workshop. He really forced us to think on our feet rather than spoon-feeding us.
This workshop is a must for anyone thinking about starting the wood fired pizza business. It became evident that the staff was there to make this experience awesome. The excitement and passion that the staff exuded carried over to us and really made us all eager to learn and participate. I realized early on that the wealth of information they possessed was invaluable.
After the workshop I felt that I had made 25 friends and could contact any one of them to gather information and learn from their experiences. It was a workshop that you regret having to leave, but I now feel empowered by Joseph to move forward and make my dream come true.
Joseph brought out the concept of finding something that excites him and finding a medium through which he could transfer that excitement to others. I guess that was my “aha” moment. That and grabbing the pan handle after it came out of the oven.”
We have some of the top guest instructors in their respective fields. These presenters and instructors will share their proven marketing techniques, trailer construction and towing safety tips and more.
-Car rental is recommended
-Boulder is a 50 min drive from the airport
Recommended places to stay:
• Millennium Harvest House Boulder
• Boulder Marriott
• Best Western Boulder Inn
A full refund will be given 30 days before
A half refund will be given 2 weeks before the event
No refunds less than 14 days before the workshop