San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Hey folks! Two events in one! Our actual meetup on how pharma gets in front of MDs from 7p-815p, of course - but also meet HealthBox during the early networking session from 6p-7p. Healthbox is a health tech startup accelerator - with footprints in London, Boston and Jacksonville FL. Their first session was in Chicago last year, and they're going to do it again this year. Come and meet them! (FYI: Apps for healthbox are open now, and the deadline is September 29th - and it will be a quick turnaround: Healthbox's Chicago session will start November 11th!)
The actual meetup:
Part 1: Getting in front of clinicians as bootstrapping entrepreneurs, what can we learn from pharma?
How do you engage physicians as a startup? To socialize ideas with them and get feedback? Or to onboard them as users for validated products.
Physicians are getting busier, and their time is increasingly becoming "expensive". They want to deliver care to their patients, and spend time with their own families and friends. Marketers, consultants, and industry pays them $250+ per hour just to steal them away from care delivery and family. How can bootstrapping startups compete?!
Getting a half second of attention is where this battle is won and lost - that moment will help the clinician decide if they want to give you 5 more minutes... and those 5 minutes will help them decide to schedule a second meeting.
Pharma has been doing this for decades. Come to this meetup to learn what works for them today. You'll leave with ideas on how to approach physicians, engage them and be invited back.
Part 2: How is the environment changing specifically for the pharma industry? What isn't working with regards to getting valuable moments with clinicians? And what sorts of digital tools is pharma seeking to solve their own problems with physician engagement?
Physicians are minimizing their time with pharma sales reps and marketers, not only because of time scarcity, but because pharma's "messaging" might influence care delivery decisions.
Balanced discussion leads us to believe that the pharma industry does offer value to physicians in the form of product education and innovation, and clinician feedback helps iteration of products to optimize patient care. All things that all parties want.
Hear what problems pharma is having, and what problems they foresee in the short term. Maybe you can create products to help solve some of them!
Panel - We're still building it out - check back soon!
- Michael La Vean, serial entrepreneur and founder of Conception Kit, an FDA approved prescription product. (Michael's story is just ridiculous awesome, but I won't detail it here. He's currently marketing it to physicians as an "independent" pharmaceutical company - timely for this meetup.)
- David Fradkin, Pfizer (Commercial Effectiveness, Marketing - formerly in sales - we couldn't get anyone better if we wanted to - David knows about online and offline marketing, and has done sales in the field - he's flying in from NYC just for this!)
- Private practice primary care physician, to be named - your color commentator and litmus test :)
- Steven Collens, SVP, The Pritzker Group, moderator. Steven is an advocate of startups, worked at Abbott in various capacities (including one year as a marketing manager), founded his own wellness startup and is one of the instigators behind the concept, development and execution of 1871, a digital technology startup co-working space. He's also one of the people behind a co-working space in development for healthcare startups
- 6pm-7pm Networking (sodas, beers, pizza)
- 7pm-715pm Brief Health 2.0 announcements, and introduction to the Microsoft Technology Center by Sonal Mane, our venue host
- 715pm-815pm Panel discussion, interactive format with attendees
- 815pm-9pm Post-event networking
Oh, and we have mics and speakers for this event :)
Refund Policy: We don't have the manpower to handle refunds. You can transfer your ticket to someone else, just have them use your name at the door.
When & Where
Chicago Health 2.0 | Tech
Chicago Health Tech and Health 2.0 is an organization that fosters an environment for innovation, disruption, and entrepreneurial opportunities in the health technology ecosystem.
We bring together the various slices of the healthcare and health technology world by organizing Meetup sessions centered around foundational topics for health tech entrepreneurs, and emerging topics to spark ideas and opportunities for innovation.
Join our newsletter to get info on health tech events around Chicago. http://eepurl.com/3Tkrj
We're an IL non-profit based in MATTER - and we're organized by unsalaried volunteers.