Join us at the First Annual Fitness Fair at the Ed Roberts Campus!
Youth, adults, and seniors of all abilities welcome! Event is totally free!
Learn about fun options to start or increase your healthy lifestyle, from teachers and leaders in adaptive fitness and recreation.
What is this event all about?
Does “disability” and “fitness” seem like a disconnect?
Do you struggle with finding options for your body and your fitness needs?
Do you want to improve your health and find ways to have fun?
We will learn and have fun together! Activities and information will include:
- Adaptive Yoga and Tai Chi classes
- Physically Integrated Dance classes
- Adaptive Cycling Demonstrations by BORP
- Performance by AXIS Dance Company
- Resource tables on recreation, adventures and accessible team sports
- Healthy refreshments
- Plus door prizes and raffles
The Ed Roberts Campus is at Ashby BART, 3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley, CA 94703.
Fully accessible and scent-free space.
Alternative-to-print material and ASL interpreter available.
- AXIS Dance Company (AXIS) teaches integrated dance and movement.
- Bay Area Outreach and Recreation Program (BORP) offers integrated classes on yoga, strength training, dance and tai chi.
- World Institute on Disability (WID) offers support groups and leadership training on making healthy lifestyle changes and meeting and bringing friends with you.
Special thanks to our sponsors Kaiser Permanente of Northern California Benefits Program, National Institute on Disability Rehabilitation and Research.