Join 150 geoweb pioneers from all over the US at the second Geoworld Summit
on Thursday, May 12th, at Dumbo Loft under the Manhattan Bridge in Brooklyn.
The Geoworld Summit
looks beyond iPhone apps and checkins to the broader impact of location technology on retail, media, advertising and business.
The fast-paced program
explores topics ranging from hyperlocal media and geo-tech platforms to digital out-of-home and augmented reality.
sponsors the networking reception at the event. The Palo Alto-based company aggregates retailers’ location-based inventory data and makes it available to the mobile and web app ecosystem through an open and free API.
'The summit, with its fantastic lineup of speakers, will be an excellent opportunity for us to share what we are doing and pave the path for things to come,' says Nitin Gupta, VP of Business Development at Retailigence.
Also supporting the Geoworld Summit Spring 2011 is JiWire
, a location-based media channel that enables advertisers to identify and deliver ads to audience segments based on a person's physical location.
Watch the event site
for the latest updates and details.
Program Geoworld Forum Spring 2011
3.00 pm - Doors open
4.00 pm - Session 1: Building the next big platform in NYC?
• Ryan Charles, founder of Consmr
• Jordan Cooper, co-founder and CEO of Hyperpublic
• Joe Meyer, President and CEO of HopStop
• Hazem Sayed, founder of AskLocal
Guest moderator: Michael Fives, co-founder Grapphic
and organizer of the Location Based Apps Meetup in New York
4.30 pm – JiWire keynote
Kevin McKenzie, founder of JiWire
4.45 pm - Session 2: Hyperlocal content
• Debra Galant, founder and publisher of Baristanet
• Jake Dobkin, founder and publisher of Gothamist
• Mark Watkins, CEO and co-founder of Goby
• Nihal Mehta, co-founder and CEO of Buzzd
Guest moderator: Laura Rich, co-founder of Street Fight
, a media, events and research company focused exclusively on the business of hyperlocal
5.15 pm - Session 3: Location technology platforms
Introduction: Ted Morgan, co-founder and CEO of Skyhook
• Josh Rochlin, CEO at Xtify
• Matt Galligan, co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer for SimpleGeo
• Rahul Sonnad, founder and CEO of Geodelic
• Boris Bogatin, co-founder and CEO of Nearverse
6.00 pm – Retailigence keynote
Nitin Gupta, VP of Business Development at Retailigence
6.15 pm - Reception starts
6.45 pm - Session 4: Place-based advertising
• Rob Gorrie, President and co-founder of Adcentricity
• Nathan Gill, co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer of Outcast
• Stephen Randall, founder and chief executive of LocaModa
• John Laramie, founder and CEO of ADstruc
7.15 pm - Session 5: Augmented Reality
Introduction: Robert Rice is founder and CEO of Neogence Enterprises
, author of MMO Evolution and Chairman of the AR Consortium
• Matthew Szymczyk, co-founder and CEO of Zugara
• Ori Inbar, co-founder and CEO of Ogmento
• Jack Mason, IBM
Global Business Services
• Elena Silenok, founder of Clothia
Guest moderator: Chris Grayson is Director of Digital at Humble.tv
and associate-organizer of the Augmented Reality New York
7.55 pm - Closing Remarks
George Percivall, Chief Architect at Open Geospatial Consortium
8.00 pm - Reception continues
10.00 pm - Doors close