Wednesday, June 13, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
The fourth annual GeoEd conference, GeoEd ’12 - Geospatial Education Conference, will take place at Jefferson Community and Technical College on the Southwest Campus in Louisville, KY on June 13th. The Conference will feature talks by both educators and geospatial professionals. While the full agenda is still being finalized, we expect to have more than twelve speakers on a variety of subjects including: geospatial needs, flex mapping with GIS Server, school bus routing, Business Analysis, Pictometry, Esri new higher education site license, Earth Observation Day, place names, and accident reconstruction using geospatial technology.
Lunch will be provided to the registrants and there is no cost to attend the Conference.
In addition, we will have workshops on Monday and Tuesday prior to the conference and the tentative topics include: geocoding of data, civil war battlefields and other historical maps, accessing geospatial data, how to use business analysis, using the GTCM to create classes, and Pictometry. A separate registration will be done for each workshop and will be posted soon.
On Thursday following the conference, a workshop will be held to work on designing two classes in the back-office side of GIS. This will include GIS programing and server applications; if you have experience with one or both of these subjects, please feel free to register for that session which will also be posted soon.
The conference website with additional information is located at: http://legacy.jefferson.kctcs.edu/geoed
When & Where
National Geospatial Technology Center of Excellence
“Empowering Colleges: Expanding the Geospatial Workforce”
The GeoTECH Center:
- Is developing a Community of Practice
- Has a set of Model Courses
- Can provide Mentoring for new or existing programs
- Offers professional development workshops at no cost
- Is updating the Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM)
- Provides a national geospatial program locator map
- Presents Educator Awards
- Maintains a geospatial calendar of events
- Has a dynamic website with geospatial information at http://geotechcenter.org
- Has developed a Curriculum Aligned to Workforce Needs