San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What is NEXT?
NEXT is a complete hands-on program for developing and validating your business idea based on a comprehensive curriculum rooted in Steve Blank's Customer Development methodology, built around in-person interactions with potential customers and delivered by an accredited NEXT instructor.
The program starts with a kick-off session on May 31st and will end on June 28.
The participants will meet 5 times for a 3-hours session on the following dates:
- May 31st
- June 7th
- June 14th
- June 21th
- June 28th
See the program below.
What you will learn:
- How to generate assumptions to validate about your assumed customer's needs, motivations and their behaviors.
- How to find and reach out to people for interviews that match your assumed customer segments.
- How to define experiments that validate or invalidate assumptions you have about your business model.
- How to develop your own customer discovery interview plan.
- How to conduct effective customer discovery interviews.
- How to turn customer feedback into real insight.
Startup teams will be mentored by entrepreneurs and professionals selected by the Main Instructor. Mentors will guide the teams into the Customer Discovery process by providing the following support:
- Review teams weekly presentation before they present
- Comment weekly on teams LaunchPad Central Customer Discovery progress
- Respond to the teaching teams critique of your team
- Provide Rolodex help - “why don’t you call x? Let me connect you.”
- Push the team to make at least 10 customer contacts/week
- Meet one-on-one with their teams at least twice during the class
- Check in regularly with NEXT Instructor to discuss student progress
Mentors will interact with the assigned team weekly in a phone/skype mentoring session before their weekly meeting. Also, they will review and comment regularly on their assigned team using the LaunchPad Central software.
Enroll on Udacity
Sign up for an account with Udacity at www.udacity.com and register for the class - How to Build a StartUp - EP245 (in the Intermediate Course section). This will bring you to the main EP245 class page and click “Enroll.” Once enrolled, watch the following:
- Watch Lecture 0: Before you Get Started
- Watch Lecture 1: What We Know Now
- Watch Lecture 1.5A: Business Models & Customer Development
- Watch Lecture 1.5B: Business Models & Customer Development
- Watch How to Do Customer Discovery Interviews with Steve Blank
- Watch Steve Blank’s Customer Discovery Checklist
- Read How to Test Your Minimum Viable Product
View the detailed curriculum
No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
If a refund is required, please send a request to email@example.com specifying:
- Your name
- Contact information
- Event Details
- Email you registered with
When & Where
UP Global is dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship, grassroots leadership, and strong communities. We are on a mission to make the world a more innovative and prosperous place, one community at a time. We believe that entrepreneurs are critical to driving a strong global economy and a better world. We do this by supporting the grassroots leaders who are at the core of every strong entrepreneurial community. Through the efforts of community leaders, UP Global operates programs that foster entrepreneurship in hundreds of cities across the world. UP Global's programs & initiatives include Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, Startup Next, Education Entrepreneurs, and Startup Week.