Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Engineer the genome of a bacteria, E. coli, by splicing in an engineered protein from a jellyfish, Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP), that glows under a special light
- Use engineered E. coli as biosensors
- Learn the actual hands-on lab techniques to make this happen.
- Discuss applications and uses of GFP, cell- & bio-printers, uses of synthetic biology for biosensors
- Mad Scientist Class Photo
- Genetic Engineering Certificate
- Photos of your genetically engineered creations
- Refreshments: snacks and coffee
When & Where
BioCurious is a non-profit community biology lab for amateurs, inventors, entrepreneurs, and anyone who wants to experiment with friends.
- a complete working laboratory for entrepreneurs to cheaply access equipment, materials, and co-working space
- a training center for biotechniques, with an emphasis on safety
- a meeting place for citizen scientists, hobbyists, activists, and students.